Pages

Wednesday, September 2, 2015

Room to Breathe

Sometimes, you move into your own place, get a second job, get scheduled doubles at your first job, and just plain don't have much time for the little things.  That's why I'm so lucky to be close to my amazingly-talented-at-hanging-things family who comes over and helps put some finishing touches on my apartment  :)  There are still a few things that need acquiring (shelves so that all of my lovely books will have a proper home; an ottoman or coffee table; and some bar stools for seating!) but it's certainly coming together thanks to the group effort that's been happening.

Planning stages

Mirrors, mirrors everywhere!

I'm calling this the white gallery wall (in my head, of course)

The wine rack/wood gallery wall (please note the adorable wedding picture of my grandparents)

You can't have a new place and not throw a housewarming party, so that's just what I did on Monday. I've never actually thrown a party before, and I suppose one might not call what happened on Monday a party per-say, more of a gathering of coworkers/new Dallas friends, but I got a new top and some snacks and made a night out of it nonetheless! 

Bralette and tanktop:  Target
Lotus bracelet:  Alex and Ani
Bangles:  Loft
Necklace:  FreshyFig
Jeans:  Pacsun

Being in a uniform all day, I get excited when I find clothes for my time off that can show off my tattoo a bit without being super revealing.

Bought a new curling iron after two months (mine got hairspray all over it during the move when the bottle I had decided to explode everywhere) so I got to get a little fancier in the hair department than I have been as of late

Should have sent the invite out to read "BYOC (bring your own chair)"


The possibilities of this city and my new life are really making me hopeful and excited about the future  :)


No comments:

Post a Comment