Pages

Tuesday, September 22, 2015

My Heart is Full

I've been feeling a bit worn down lately, working a lot without much time for myself, let alone any time to see my sister and the boys.  Lauren called the other day and said, "Remember when you moved to Dallas and I never saw you again?"  And it's true!  I've been going non-stop and I've needed a break.  Cue a lovely message in the mail and a visit from Tamra, just in the nick of time.  


Miranda and I have been friends ever since I wooed her with my humor in third grade.  We can go weeks without talking, then pick up right where we left off.  She can obviously sense when I need her, because I got this lovely, handmade card in the mail last week with a note in it that brought tears to my eyes.  To have such good people in my life is what keeps me going.

Speaking of good people. . .  my adorable nephews who make my heart hurt from loving them so much  ;)

To keep the good vibes going, Tamra came on Saturday for a four-day trip and I finally got to introduce her to the boys, though it feels like she met them and Lauren years ago.  I basically spent Friday telling everyone who would listen (and even those who tried not to listen) that Tamra was coming and I was so excited that I'd get to see the boys Saturday and have a girls' night with my Tam and Lauren. The excitement could not be contained!  Having a great friend in town and getting to spend time with her and explore the city was a huge gift that I am so thankful for.  Now, with the day off and only working one job the next few days, I'll finally be able to get some more posts up and highlight all the fun Dallas things Tam and I got to do together!  Prepare for an unreasonable amount of pictures to follow.


No comments:

Post a Comment