Pages

Monday, August 24, 2015

Things Fall

Life is funny.  Things fall apart, then somehow manage to fall back into place.  Things were stagnating for me and I wasn't sure what to do about it, so this move is really a new beginning in a lot of ways.  I now have 400 square feet that I can call my own and do with what I want.  I haven't lived alone since college, and, after sharing a bathroom with a four- and six-year-old, this time to myself should be nice.  This new start is exciting and scary, but I'm feeling like this is finally where I'm supposed to be.

Gold mirror on the right: Eastown Antiques (Grand Rapids, MI)
Tall gold mirror: Home Goods
Smaller mirror to the left: Antique, from the family cottage

I always have these set up somehow in my room wherever I live.  I have ever since I moved back into my childhood home right after college.  They're my comfort objects and I've added to over the years.  A dream catcher from our family cottage; a handwritten note from someone my grandparents encountered years ago, written partially in Norwegian.  They make a place feel like home.  

Craigslist has been good to me.  From it I found my favorite apartment in Chicago during college, a fantastic house where I met great friends in Grand Rapids, and now this adorable, fits-perfectly-in-my-new-apartment couch.  

The miniature version of my book collection.  Some day the three boxes of books in my mother's basement will make their way down to Texas and we will again be reunited.


Getting to be around my amazing family again is a lovely reminder of how good I have it.

No comments:

Post a Comment