Pages

Tuesday, October 6, 2015

Front of the Pack


During Tamra's visit, I finally got to do a few things around the city I've been meaning to do for a long time.  First on that list was paying a proper visit to the Front Room Tavern inside Hotel Lumen. My brother-in-law is F&B director for the hotel, so my standards for the trip were high and I was pleasantly surprised when those standards were surpassed.  The restaurant is gorgeous (as evidenced below), cozy and intimate with a real feeling of warmth.  Tamra and I were the first to arrive for breakfast (she had an early flight to catch),  but more guests were soon to join us, which added to a nice ambiance.  Tamra got their large french pressed coffee and I sipped on a delicious green tea from Kai Organics, which was replenished with hot water a few times by our attentive server (my addiction to tea is very real).  The breakfast sandwich was phenomenal, as were the breakfast potatoes it came with.  I was doubly excited when my plate arrived with not one but two English muffins, packed with eggs, cheese, bacon, and tomato, because I had leftovers for the next day. Tamra ordered the biscuits and gravy (when in the south, eat southern!), which was a large portion, served with made-to-order eggs and breakfast potatoes.  She was a big fan.  The gravy wasn't too heavy and the biscuits weren't too plentiful that she felt overwhelmed and couldn't eat it all, leaving her with the issue of feeling guilty at having to leave anything behind (since planes and leftovers don't usually mix well, and Tamra hates wasting food).  Front Room's location on Hillcrest Road right across from SMU's campus also made for good people-watching during our meal, with students walking to and from class and luxury cars (given the neighborhood) whizzing past.  All in all, family connection notwithstanding, I would recommend Front Room for breakfast or brunch to anyone!  Our service was great, the food was delicious, the tea was plentiful, and our surroundings were more than pleasing to look at.  Now, I just need to have some time off again to get some Front Room dinner experience!








1 comment: