Pages

Monday, October 26, 2015

In Search of Cider Mills.

I hate the cold.  Dread its arrival each year with a piece of me so deep in my core I can't believe I've only ever lived in Michigan and Chicago my entire life and not fled to warmer climates sooner.  Surprisingly, this year I'm happily welcoming this cooler fall weather, maybe from homesickness or the love of a good oversized sweater/boot combination.  My only issue now, and it's become a major one, is that no one in this city knows what a cider mill is.  What planet am I on??  I'm having a hard time imagining a fall where I won't get an opportunity to throw on said oversized sweater/boots and crunch across the grounds of a gorgeous apple orchard, slowly sipping on some freshly pressed cider and eating a warm, cinnamon sugar donut.  The search is on to satisfy this need.  Cider mills in Texas:  come out wherever you are!

Scarf:  H&M
Boots:  Clarks

Jacket and sweater:  Loft

Leggings:  H&M
Shoes:  Sperry


Sweater:  Forever 21
Vest:  Meijer (A Midwestern staple - I miss Meijer terribly)

Biggby chai latte gone wrong.  
Visit Shelley, the owner at the Biggby location in Allen, TX, to get a little taste of Michigan goodness.  The beverage options are amazing if you love coffee and tea (chai latte all the way!) and Shelley and her family are absolutely lovely.  If I can't find a cider mill, I'll settle for a trip to Biggby for a chaider and some talk of home  :)



No comments:

Post a Comment