Pages

Wednesday, March 16, 2016

Little Guy in the Big City

My sister told me a few weeks ago about a random conversation she had with Carson a month or so back. He'd been playing and came running up to her, his little voice upset-sounding and shaky.

"Mama, remember that one time I spent the night at Aunt Amy's?"

"Yes, why?"

"Why haven't I done that again???"

Adorable and heartbreaking all at the same time. I obviously had to fix the problem when I heard about it, so he came over for another sleepover. Our sleepover theme song (R. City and Adam Levine's "Locked Away") came on the radio four times over the course of our various drives around the city, and then again after I dropped him off at home. The universe must have known we needed good music to jam to. That or radio is awful these days and that's why I don't listen to it anymore :)

We took another crack at visiting Klyde Warren Park, since I finally figured out that we went to the opposite side of where the children's play area is located - as luck would have it, the children's part of the park was closed for maintenance! Running around and splashing in the small fountains, while unpopular with the mothers trying to get their own children to behave, proved to be wildly hilarious and fun for us, so the trip wasn't a complete bust. Carson loved to be in the flight path to the airport, too, pointing with excitement each time a plane would pass overhead. 




We stopped at a proper playground for some swinging, tag, and pretend archaeology, then came back to my apartment ("Aunt Amy, why is your apartment so small?" "Aunt Amy, why is your bed in the middle of the room?" - the joys of a studio and an inquisitive mind). Our gourmet dinner included the finest bottled water money can buy and frozen pizza (Tombstone, delicious), and then we retired to watch some pre-sleep Netflix. The Little Engine That Could ended up being semi freaky - I don't recommend watching through to see the "Nightmare Train" before you and a 5-year-old try to fall asleep... 


We started off the next day by going to our favorite (closest) breakfast place, Denny's!


When our sleepover extravaganza was complete, I took Carson back home and had a nice long chat with my sister, which of course included the beans being spilled about the Nightmare Train's scariness. After I left and headed back to the city. I was very much looking forward to a nap.





No comments:

Post a Comment